QPaint Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 1st July 2023
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern the contractual relationship between QPaint (“we,” “us,” or “our”) and the client (“you” or “your”) in relation to painting services provided by QPaint. These Terms apply to all projects and services provided by QPaint and are listed on the QPaint website (www.qpaint.com.au).
A contract must be in place before the commencement of any project, in accordance with the laws of Queensland (for jobs over $3,300).
The prices quoted in our proposal are valid for a period of 90 days from the date of the quotation, unless the date falls on 1st July or 1st January. In such cases, the quoted price is subject to change based on CPI+ increases. Acceptance of the quotation is subject to credit approval.
3. Payment Terms
Payment terms are as follows:
– A 10% deposit is required before commencement.
– All invoices are due within 3 days from the date of the invoice.
– Progress claims may be submitted weekly or fortnightly, depending on the project.
– If invoices are not paid by the due date, work will be stopped.
– Late payment will be subject to an initial 5% penalty, interest charges of 3% per month, and an administration fee of $220.
– Any delays to the completion of works outside of QPaint’s control or caused by others do not allow delays to payment times.
4. Variation of Extras
You may request additional work at any time. Please notify the site foreman, who will arrange a quote. All variations or extras must be approved by the QPaint Project Manager and the client before starting.
QPaint maintains the following compliance:
– Workers Compensation: 040363263
– Public Liability Insurance: Chubb EPM0032144 (Cover of $20,000,000)
– QBCC License No: 1106217
– ABN: 50 088 427 712
6. Important Note
All discussions, expectations, or assumptions regarding the painting works will be based on what is written in this quote, variations, or contract. QPaint’s final decision will prevail in case of any work that may breach warranty, workplace health and safety requirements, product performance, or the ability to complete works.
7. Working Hours
This quotation is based on all work being carried out during normal working hours, unless otherwise noted. If the work needs to be completed outside normal working hours, additional charges will apply. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 6:30 am – 4 pm, and Saturdays (optional).
8. Workplace Health & Safety
We will identify any hazards on the job and notify you if required. When working within 3 meters of a ‘Mains Power Connection’ that comes in from the street to your property, it must be isolated by a licensed electrician. If necessary, we can arrange this at a cost of $275 (including GST).
9. Pre-existing Hazardous Coatings
Unless otherwise noted, pre-existing toxic coatings, materials, or substances such as lead and/or chromate-based paints and/or asbestos-based substances will be subject to an additional cost for preparation and/or removal. Regarding rust, paint/epoxy/polyurethane systems are strong, but manufacturers do not warrant against rust reappearing as it is a substrate issue, not a coating issue.
If the weather is too wet, cold, or hot, we may cancel painting for the day for the purpose of paint warranties and the health and safety of our team.
To ensure proper completion of the painting job, our team will need access to all areas to be painted, including internal areas to reach balconies or roof manholes. We will also need access to water, power, and a designated area for equipment and materials.
The application will be carried out by brush, rollers, or spray at the sole discretion of the contractor. No allowance has been made to encapsulate the area.
Colours will be supplied at least 1 week prior to the start of the project, unless matching existing colours
14. Coats and Colour Selections
QPaint quotes include 2 coats only. If the client-selected colors have poor coverage, additional coats may be requested or required. There will be additional costs for labor and paint for each additional coat required.
Warranties of materials and workmanship will be provided when specifications are supplied and agreed upon.
We will make our best efforts to pick up as much debris as possible upon completion. However, we cannot guarantee the removal of all debris.
17. Important General Information – Preparation
Our onsite foremen are experienced tradespeople in the painting industry. They will make decisions based on their professional judgment. Generally, loose and flaking paint will be sanded or scraped to a sound surface. Bare areas will be spot primed, and minor holes or cracks will be filled. This quote excludes gapping under weatherboards and between VJ boards unless specifically stated, as it voids the manufacturer’s paint warranty.
18. Changes in Government Charges
During the term of the agreement/project, any new laws or regulations introduced by any level of government resulting in new or additional charges will be reflected in our invoices, either for increases or decreases in cost associated with these changes.
19. Your Responsibilities
You are responsible for the following:
– Moving personal items or items of significant value.
– Seeking clarification if you are unsure about any part of the painting process.
– Providing written notification of any specific areas, items, or concerns prior to commencement that are not clearly expressed in writing on our quote.
– Arranging for the removal and replacement of fixed ‘security’ screens or grills.
– Trimming or removing trees and plants to allow clear access for painters to work.
– Dismantling attachments such as cages, netting, or shade sails.
– Recognizing that QPaint will exercise care and attention when moving items but will not be responsible for any damages incurred. QPaint reserves the right not to move or dismantle items that may be at risk of damage.
20. Retention and Liquidated Damages
QPaint does not accept any monies held for retention or liquidated damages.
21. Do & Charge or Hourly Rate Works
Unless otherwise agreed, hourly rate works will be quoted depending on whether they are performed during normal or after hours. Hourly rate work will exclude materials or height access equipment.
By engaging our services, you acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before commencing the project.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change. The most recent version of the Terms will be available on our website.